News and Articles
- Get Ready! BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHTS
Please refer to the calendar section for additional information August 4th Kindergarten Orientation (4-5) 1st … more
- Registration Dates Approaching
Please refer to the school calendar section to obtain information on your child’s assigned registration … more
- Classroom Roster Postings
Classroom rosters will be posted at the end of the business day on Thursday, July … more
Welcome to Margaret Elementary School
Vision & Mission of St. Clair County School SystemSt. Clair County School System BELIEFS
- Given a safe and supportive environment, all students can learn
- Effective teachers are the key to student achievement
- Support from stakeholders provides enhanced opportunities and impacts student success
- Creating a culture that embraces change and promotes continuous improvement will result in success for all
VisionThe vision of the St. Clair County School System is to be recognized as one of Alabama’s premiere systems by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum which will enable all students to graduate from high school and be successful in the 21st century. To accomplish our vision the St. Clair County School System will:
- provide a safe and supportive learning culture in which relationships are built and maintained with students, teachers, parents and community for student success.
- provide classroom instruction which is relevant to the 21st century learner.
- provide a rigorous curriculum where students become problem solvers, critical thinkers by collaboration with diverse groups and gain a deeper understanding of how their learning can make a lifelong difference.
MissionThe mission of St. Clair County Board of Education is to ensure that high expectations are maintained for all students by providing quality instruction and involving parents and community so that all students graduate, become responsible, productive citizens and life-long learners. St. Clair County District Continuous Improvement Targets for 2010-2011
- All teachers will develop and deliver effective, strategic instruction daily
- All classrooms will be "student- centered" learning environments
- All schools will promote meaningful parent and community involvement in academics
EZ School Pay
The easy, convenient and secure way to pay for school meals and other school fees. Simply register and you're ready to go. Available anywhere, anytime you have a computer with internet access. Avoid lost checks and trips to school by paying online.
Capstone Interactive Library
Colorful, eye-catching, stimulating, and inviting, the Capstone Interactive Library is a comprehensive and engaging site to explore. The variety of books in the 206–title library is impressive.
Student eBooks are fun and interactive digital versions of the student’s traditional print textbook used in the classroom. Every day, at home or at school, students will be able to log into ThinkCentral and immediately be able to view and explore the reading & math materials.
Alabama Virtual Library
The Alabama Virtual Library provides all students, teachers, and citizens of the State of Alabama with online access to essential library and information resources. It is primarily a group of online databases that have magazine, journal, and newspaper articles for research.
Live Homework Help
Homework Alabama is a statewide effort made possible by the State Library of Alabama (APLS) through local public libraries, with funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services through their Library Services and Technology Act grant program as well as state funds.
Google Translate is a free translation service that provides instant translations between 57 different languages. It can translate words, sentences and web pages between any combination of their supported languages.